USA Swimming Grand Prix Series

2012-13 USA SWIMMING GRAND PRIX SERIES: Minneapolis Grand Prix Nov. 9-11 Minneapolis, MN Austin Grand Prix Jan. 18-20, 2013 Austin, TX Orlando Grand Prix Feb. 14-16, 2013 Orlando, FL Mesa Grand Prix April 11-13, 2013 Mesa, AZ Charlotte Ultraswim Grand Prix May 9-12, 2013 Charlotte, NC Santa Clara Grand Prix May 30-June 2, 2013 Santa Clara, CA
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Outside of an unusually sharp-for-November Lochte and Franklin continuing to set benchmarks on a daily basis, other notable things for me about the Minn GP: Becca Mann's continued ascension. She absolutely crushed the 200 fly (an event the US women need a lot of help in), easily won the 400 IM, hung in there with Sutton in the 400 free and then broke a monumental 31 year old AG record in the 1650. She looks noticably taller and more muscular than she did at trials just a few months ago. Her starts and turns are still simply awful, lots of room for improvement here. Superstar in the making. She's also writing a fantasy novel about dragons, a detail I enjoy. Dagny Knutsen winning races. So happy to see her looking healthy, back in action wearing that ASK cap and standing on podiums. The times will come next. 13 year old Michael Andrew dropping a 20.9 in the men's 50 to win the C final. I've never seen anything like it. Let me repeat: sub 21 at 13 years old. Yikes!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Outside of an unusually sharp-for-November Lochte and Franklin continuing to set benchmarks on a daily basis, other notable things for me about the Minn GP: Becca Mann's continued ascension. She absolutely crushed the 200 fly (an event the US women need a lot of help in), easily won the 400 IM, hung in there with Sutton in the 400 free and then broke a monumental 31 year old AG record in the 1650. She looks noticably taller and more muscular than she did at trials just a few months ago. Her starts and turns are still simply awful, lots of room for improvement here. Superstar in the making. She's also writing a fantasy novel about dragons, a detail I enjoy. Dagny Knutsen winning races. So happy to see her looking healthy, back in action wearing that ASK cap and standing on podiums. The times will come next. 13 year old Michael Andrew dropping a 20.9 in the men's 50 to win the C final. I've never seen anything like it. Let me repeat: sub 21 at 13 years old. Yikes!
Children
No Data