2013 NCAA Championships

NCAAs Championship (M) Swimming & Diving DI March 28-30, 2013 IU Natatorium and IUPUI Sports Complex, Indianapolis (W) Swimming & Diving DI March 21-23, 2013 IU Natatorium and IUPUI Sports Complex, Indianapolis NCAA Shakes Up Division I Qualifying Procedures -- September 12, 2012 College Recruits, Commitments, Signing, Transfers, & Gone Pro
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I agree Cordes 200 was the best performance of the meet - and that's really saying something considering all the other amazing swims. He looked so long, smooth and relaxed. Makes me think he's capable of going substantially faster.
  • Hmmm, it may only appear if you've done the facebook connect thing up by your login info at the top of the page. Since I've already done it, I can't remember how it looks up there before you connect your fb account. I haven't clicked on the FB connect thing but I see it. Even when I log out of my FB account I still see it using Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
  • I meant he is so technically efficient, he has the potential to improve more with hard work. yeah i'm sure he doesnt train at all and watches the others while eating bonbons. that's how he broke the american record by more than 2 secs. by not training hard enough.
  • yeah i'm sure he doesnt train at all and watches the others while eating bonbons.I think we can all agree the kid works hard. A different way of looking at this may be as an 18 year old freshman his 100 and 200 *** were 51.32 and 1:51.97. And this year as a 19 year old sophomore he went 50.74 and 1:48.68. At this rate he’ll be 49.5 and 1:42 by his senior year!
  • yes just like the way this guy improved with age: NCAA Division I Championship Meet 3/30/2013 - 19:19PM 11 Grodzki, Martin SR Georgia 14:57.07 14:53.62 oh...wait NCAA: N 14:24.08 3/24/2012 Martin Grodzki, Georgia seems he added 29secs by being a year older
  • seems he added 29secs by being a year older Sometimes it feels like I'm adding 29 sec every MONTH I'm getting older...
  • I think we can all agree the kid works hard. A different way of looking at this may be as an 18 year old freshman his 100 and 200 *** were 51.32 and 1:51.97. And this year as a 19 year old sophomore he went 50.74 and 1:48.68. At this rate he’ll be 49.5 and 1:42 by his senior year! I wish there was a way to 'upvote' or 'like' some posts. No matter how you slice it Kevin Cordes 200 breastroke swims will go down as one of the most amazing in this generation. ~2 seconds off the Record... he has redefined the expectations for breastroke!
  • There is a facebook "like" button just below the Reply to Thread button and thread title at the top of the thread. Huh. I don't see it in my browser.
  • yes just like the way this guy improved with age: NCAA Division I Championship Meet 3/30/2013 - 19:19PM 11 Grodzki, Martin SR Georgia 14:57.07 14:53.62 oh...wait NCAA: N 14:24.08 3/24/2012 Martin Grodzki, Georgia seems he added 29secs by being a year olderI think Martin tried your bonbon training program or maybe Cheetos and beer.
  • Thanks Jim, I do see the FB like for threads, and maybe I should do that, it's been a fun thread. But, just as there is a way to blog or report a post within the thread, it would be nifty to say up (or even down) to specific comments within a thread - but maayybbee it means I am spending too much time on other social sites that have more-or-less meaningless votes : ). Thanks for pointing out the FB link tho' - I also follow United States Masters Swimming Facebook is this the offical USMS FB page?