Swimming with an ankle sprain

Former Member
Former Member
I have (what I would call) a mild-moderate ankle sprain. (I'm really not sure how I did it; maybe while I was playing with my son at the hotel pool, but no matter.) I'm right in the thick of training for the Big Shoulders Open Water Swim, the 2.5K. I just spent a 3-day weekend without training or cross-training at all, due to a family emergency. I had a good workout yesterday morning, but that was before my ankle started feeling sore and swelling (slightly). I really don't want to take any time off my training. Would it really hurt me to keep up my training and, say, have a workout tonight? My workouts run about 2600-3000 yards. Or if I do swim, are there certain kicks or drills I should avoid, say, avoid using my zoomers for a few days? Another option is to have a bike ride tonight and have my next swim workout tomorrow morning. Any advice? Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Ok I am suffering from an injured foot that will not heal. My doctor said swimming would be great. I have not swam since I was young. I want to possibly join the masters league but am scared that I will be horrible or in the way. Can anyone join? or do you need to be a great swimmer?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Ok I am suffering from an injured foot that will not heal. My doctor said swimming would be great. I have not swam since I was young. I want to possibly join the masters league but am scared that I will be horrible or in the way. Can anyone join? or do you need to be a great swimmer?
Children
No Data