Lifeguard certification question

I have been trying to find a viable lifeguarding certification class for almost 2 years now. I live in a small town in Western Massachusetts and the classes I have managed to find are either typically cancelled because of under-enrollment, or, geared toward high school student so meet at times like 3-5 every day for 8 weeks. That doesn't work for me as a woman with a job and a kid. I've tried to hire someone for a private certification course, to no avail, and am really at the end of my rope! So, I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this place: New England Lifeguard Certification www.nelifeguardcertificationcourses.com/NE_Lifeguard.html I'm not looking to work at a beach or pool, just want to this for peace of mind since my husband and I have a 25-yard lap pool in our backyard. My coach says that obvious, the swimming part will be no problem and this place would allow me to study online, then go to a testing site when ready. Any knowledge about this place or feedback is much appreciated! Thanks!
Parents
  • Thanks to you both. And thanks for suggesting the YMCA. I have tried every Y in our area, to no avail. I am definitely going to get the certification. Right now, it's just a matter of how. No question about how valuable it can be! And yes, the right to get a lifeguard suit? AWESOME! Wish the YMCA had come through but no classes available. Ugh Ugh Ugh! This organization looks legit. Do you think it feels less legit when it's not the Red Cross certification?
  • Thanks to you both. And thanks for suggesting the YMCA. I have tried every Y in our area, to no avail. I am definitely going to get the certification. Right now, it's just a matter of how. No question about how valuable it can be! And yes, the right to get a lifeguard suit? AWESOME! Wish the YMCA had come through but no classes available. Ugh Ugh Ugh! This organization looks legit. Do you think it feels less legit when it's not the Red Cross certification?
Children
No Data