Migraines after practice

I train with an age group team. Our normal Saturday practices are in a pool around 85º and for 2 hours. The practices may not be hugely high in yardage but very high in intensity. I normally have chronic headaches and lately I've been getting migraines after these Sat practices. I don't know if it's the heat of the pool for the long time or the intensity. I talked to the coach today about getting out after 90 min as I find that helps. He mentioned upping my fluid and nutrition intake. What should I up and what else can I do to avoid the migraines? They are making for very boring weekends for my family as I lay on the couch in pain.
Parents
  • Hey, 'Shark, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with migraines. :bighug: Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to contribute; I just wanted to wish you good luck in finding a resolution to your headaches. :cheerleader: Thanks Elaine. I'm working on them! Thanks for the advice Alex and Susan. I'll check in to the magnesium. Susan, I do watch the goggles. I take them off, even if for 5 sec, every chance I get. Sat practice was intense but not too bad and no headache. Yesterday morning's workout was super intense (100's on 1:20 and 1:10) and I had a huge headache. So I'm thinking it's the intensity issue. Today was lighter (all IM work) and so far, so good.
  • Hey, 'Shark, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with migraines. :bighug: Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to contribute; I just wanted to wish you good luck in finding a resolution to your headaches. :cheerleader: Thanks Elaine. I'm working on them! Thanks for the advice Alex and Susan. I'll check in to the magnesium. Susan, I do watch the goggles. I take them off, even if for 5 sec, every chance I get. Sat practice was intense but not too bad and no headache. Yesterday morning's workout was super intense (100's on 1:20 and 1:10) and I had a huge headache. So I'm thinking it's the intensity issue. Today was lighter (all IM work) and so far, so good.
Children
No Data