Total Knee Replacement Surgery

Just learned I will need total knee replacement surgery for both knees "sooner than later" as the doc said. If any of you out there have gone through this surgery, I'll appreciate hearing about your experience. In particular, how long did it take you to get back to work, and back into the pool? How long before your knee(s) were pain free while swimming (and turning!)? Are you happy you had the surgery? Did you experience any problems with blood loss? How long did you go to physical therapy? Anything else I should know before signing up for this? :confused: Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    orca1946 - I think I'm well past "rehab." I consider myself fully recovered from the knee replacement, and am so happy I had it done. Sorry to hear you have had 5 hip surgeries - you must have been a water polo player! I hope your 5th one was the last. :applaud: wow, lucy, you must either be superwoman or very young! That sounds very encouraging and I am so happy for you. How long were you on pain pills? How bad was the pain, and how long was the pain intense? Sorry, but I'm not as brave as you. :(
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    orca1946 - I think I'm well past "rehab." I consider myself fully recovered from the knee replacement, and am so happy I had it done. Sorry to hear you have had 5 hip surgeries - you must have been a water polo player! I hope your 5th one was the last. :applaud: wow, lucy, you must either be superwoman or very young! That sounds very encouraging and I am so happy for you. How long were you on pain pills? How bad was the pain, and how long was the pain intense? Sorry, but I'm not as brave as you. :(
Children
No Data