That's it! No more junk food! .. Now what do I eat?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Alex here Recently I just swam a meet, did horrible. And I need major cuts in time in my 500 by May. I know every bit counts so now I'm going to try to focus about what goes in my body. I know there are currently several threads and comments about nutrition on usms.org, but does anyone know about a specific schedule about what to eat everyday? I am currently 150 pounds with a height of 5 feet 8 inches. I am 18 years old. Currently I train 16 times a week (6 times swimming, 5 times low weight lifting, and 5 times just messing around playing sports like basketball). However that might change quickly to 18 times a week if I decide to run about 5k every Saturday and Sunday. Recently I have been eating fast food about once every week, and been consuming protein shakes after every swim practice. Also, spaghetti and bananas is a normal part of my meal after my practice. So what I'm looking for is a diet that is: not too much and not too little on my distance swimming needs. gives me endurance highly specific on what to eat on a daily basis Thank you for your time! :D:D Times for my swims (if you need them) can be found here: www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
Parents
  • Sounds to me like you may be tensing up and not going out with smooth and easy speed. Sometimes you just have a bad swim. Don't let that get into your head so much. Do work on your turns. Do focus on technique. Relax and make sure you are swimming efficiently and not spinning your wheels (especially at the beginning of a 500). With some rest you sound like you are on your way to a good swim at the end of the season. :)
  • Sounds to me like you may be tensing up and not going out with smooth and easy speed. Sometimes you just have a bad swim. Don't let that get into your head so much. Do work on your turns. Do focus on technique. Relax and make sure you are swimming efficiently and not spinning your wheels (especially at the beginning of a 500). With some rest you sound like you are on your way to a good swim at the end of the season. :)
Children
No Data