That's it! No more junk food! .. Now what do I eat?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Alex here Recently I just swam a meet, did horrible. And I need major cuts in time in my 500 by May. I know every bit counts so now I'm going to try to focus about what goes in my body. I know there are currently several threads and comments about nutrition on usms.org, but does anyone know about a specific schedule about what to eat everyday? I am currently 150 pounds with a height of 5 feet 8 inches. I am 18 years old. Currently I train 16 times a week (6 times swimming, 5 times low weight lifting, and 5 times just messing around playing sports like basketball). However that might change quickly to 18 times a week if I decide to run about 5k every Saturday and Sunday. Recently I have been eating fast food about once every week, and been consuming protein shakes after every swim practice. Also, spaghetti and bananas is a normal part of my meal after my practice. So what I'm looking for is a diet that is: not too much and not too little on my distance swimming needs. gives me endurance highly specific on what to eat on a daily basis Thank you for your time! :D:D Times for my swims (if you need them) can be found here: www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Here I am!! Fast Food makes for Fast Swimming!! I eat fast food, slow food, Mexican, Chinese, taco truck food, home food, free food, whatever food. It doesn't matter what you eat, especially if you're training A LOT! Your body just needs food. In college, I ate with my roommate and his buddy a lot. He was a starting offensive lineman, and we ate just about the same amount of calories. He stayed about 260 or so, and I stayed around 185. Currently, I just eat what I can, and whatever is easiest. That usually comes to fast food, or whatever is left after feeding the kids if I make a home cooked meal (like mac 'n cheese) :applaud:. I'm a soda junkie...hardcore!! Ask my dentist...I'm the reason he stays in business. I know I could really cut back on my crappy food and soda, and probably lose 10-15 pounds, but would that make me happy? Probably not. I'm currently about 10-12 pounds over my college weight at age 34, so I'm happy with that. Moral of the story...just eat and be happy. And then swim fast and have fun!!! :applaud: Exactly how my diet is now :D except for the soda part, can't do that. I do like that story though, we'll talk again if I have another drastic add of 5 seconds haha
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Here I am!! Fast Food makes for Fast Swimming!! I eat fast food, slow food, Mexican, Chinese, taco truck food, home food, free food, whatever food. It doesn't matter what you eat, especially if you're training A LOT! Your body just needs food. In college, I ate with my roommate and his buddy a lot. He was a starting offensive lineman, and we ate just about the same amount of calories. He stayed about 260 or so, and I stayed around 185. Currently, I just eat what I can, and whatever is easiest. That usually comes to fast food, or whatever is left after feeding the kids if I make a home cooked meal (like mac 'n cheese) :applaud:. I'm a soda junkie...hardcore!! Ask my dentist...I'm the reason he stays in business. I know I could really cut back on my crappy food and soda, and probably lose 10-15 pounds, but would that make me happy? Probably not. I'm currently about 10-12 pounds over my college weight at age 34, so I'm happy with that. Moral of the story...just eat and be happy. And then swim fast and have fun!!! :applaud: Exactly how my diet is now :D except for the soda part, can't do that. I do like that story though, we'll talk again if I have another drastic add of 5 seconds haha
Children
No Data