That's it! No more junk food! .. Now what do I eat?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Alex here Recently I just swam a meet, did horrible. And I need major cuts in time in my 500 by May. I know every bit counts so now I'm going to try to focus about what goes in my body. I know there are currently several threads and comments about nutrition on usms.org, but does anyone know about a specific schedule about what to eat everyday? I am currently 150 pounds with a height of 5 feet 8 inches. I am 18 years old. Currently I train 16 times a week (6 times swimming, 5 times low weight lifting, and 5 times just messing around playing sports like basketball). However that might change quickly to 18 times a week if I decide to run about 5k every Saturday and Sunday. Recently I have been eating fast food about once every week, and been consuming protein shakes after every swim practice. Also, spaghetti and bananas is a normal part of my meal after my practice. So what I'm looking for is a diet that is: not too much and not too little on my distance swimming needs. gives me endurance highly specific on what to eat on a daily basis Thank you for your time! :D:D Times for my swims (if you need them) can be found here: www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
Parents
  • Maybe all the diet ideas are good, but I am totally with QBrain on this one. You are really working your body to the max - even if you are only 18 years old, if you want a fast swim, you will taper off on your other activities prior to your big meet. Especially the weights. 18 workouts a week? Please!
  • Maybe all the diet ideas are good, but I am totally with QBrain on this one. You are really working your body to the max - even if you are only 18 years old, if you want a fast swim, you will taper off on your other activities prior to your big meet. Especially the weights. 18 workouts a week? Please!
Children
No Data