That's it! No more junk food! .. Now what do I eat?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Alex here Recently I just swam a meet, did horrible. And I need major cuts in time in my 500 by May. I know every bit counts so now I'm going to try to focus about what goes in my body. I know there are currently several threads and comments about nutrition on usms.org, but does anyone know about a specific schedule about what to eat everyday? I am currently 150 pounds with a height of 5 feet 8 inches. I am 18 years old. Currently I train 16 times a week (6 times swimming, 5 times low weight lifting, and 5 times just messing around playing sports like basketball). However that might change quickly to 18 times a week if I decide to run about 5k every Saturday and Sunday. Recently I have been eating fast food about once every week, and been consuming protein shakes after every swim practice. Also, spaghetti and bananas is a normal part of my meal after my practice. So what I'm looking for is a diet that is: not too much and not too little on my distance swimming needs. gives me endurance highly specific on what to eat on a daily basis Thank you for your time! :D:D Times for my swims (if you need them) can be found here: www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    My motto is to make fresh fruit and veggies your friends and eat as much of them as you can. Try to cut out as much sugar(and sugary drinks) from your diet and that will already improve your diet by 1000%:D The rest can be whatever makes you full. Eat more natural food and less processed in general. Example: natural = apple, unnatural = Twinkie
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    My motto is to make fresh fruit and veggies your friends and eat as much of them as you can. Try to cut out as much sugar(and sugary drinks) from your diet and that will already improve your diet by 1000%:D The rest can be whatever makes you full. Eat more natural food and less processed in general. Example: natural = apple, unnatural = Twinkie
Children
No Data