Help! I'm Horrible at Losing Weight

Help! I'm Horrible at Losing Weight is the latest installment of the "Help! I'm Horrible" series FLUTTER KICK SDK SPEED Many of us want to be thinner. One of the first tips in Swim Faster Faster is: LUG LESS LARD, the positive way to say this is: Be a slimmer swimmer. The fact is, when we swim, we have to drag our bodies through the water and if we have less mass and resistance, we're likely to swim faster. Many of us want to lose weight or have lost weight, some of us kept it off while others lost then gain it all back. The problem with losing weight is I often find it after I lost it. This thread is for us to discuss this issue and act in this arena What works and doesn't? Why do we self sabotage? What's your story? What else? The 4 word DIET from the book "Four Word Self Help: Simple Wisdom for Complex Lives" by Patti Digh is: "EAT LESS MOVE MORE " Losing weight takes a goal / intention, a plan, and action. it takes constant focus and effort. It takes discipline. It takes some being hungry and suffering. We lose weight by burning more than we consume. There's a catch 22 If we starve ourselves and lose weight too quickly our bodies become more efficient at storing fat. It's an emotional area, it's diffucult, it can seem overwhelming, some resort to expensive and possibly dangerous surgery and or plastic surgery. Food is a difficult area, we need it to survive, for energy and repair, but if we eat too much, we store up the excess in the form of fat. If you're a bit too heavy you might benefit from being a slimmer swimmer. You might be healthier and fitter. Use this thread to declare your intention, goal and gain some support. There's many books, methods and programs out there. I'm not offering anyone any sure fire solution here. there's No "lose 20 pounds in 20 days for 20 bucks" scam Many methods work. The simple solutions are: EAT LESS MOVE MORE, Anything we do and measure improves. Anything we focus on improves. Appropriate action and smart choices work Sometimes we perform better with support Increase your resting metabolic rate. Be sensible. Become a fat burning biofurnace. Stop procrastinating, start now you can offer advice, share your story, share your current situation and goal. you can participate or lurk we can celebrate achievement and progress console failure, set backs and disappointment ARE YOU IN? if so please share: name age height weight situation goal plan and post your progress and updates What else? consider weekly pictures or updates chart your journey from before to after. Forgive yourself for mistakes. It took years to put it on, it's likely to take months or years to take it off. Stop procrastinating, start now, don't wait for Monday or some made up starting point. Most importantly: Always always work with your doctor and professionals I hope we go from horrible to excellent, from where we are to optimal. It's fun to be fit fast and healthy. Good luck, Namaste Ande
Parents
  • I think there is a big difference between "fatty fish" and "fatty" meats. In the paleo diet it does describe lean meats i.e. venison, 90% fat free hamburger, strip steaks vs Delmonico's; chicken etc. I think the "fatty" fishe realy describes the omega content--I may have read that incorrectly but I think I am close.
  • I think there is a big difference between "fatty fish" and "fatty" meats. In the paleo diet it does describe lean meats i.e. venison, 90% fat free hamburger, strip steaks vs Delmonico's; chicken etc. I think the "fatty" fishe realy describes the omega content--I may have read that incorrectly but I think I am close.
Children
No Data