Best Swimming Places to retire

Ok, this might be a strange question but here goes. Considering weather, cost of living, outdoor activities and masters swimming, any suggestions on the best places to retire in the Western US?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I agree, Patrick. More than one place on the list is in "Tornado Alley", which is definitely not on my list of places to retire. Besides, I don't have to worry about it too much as I'm already living where I will be retiring. :) Charlotte County FL. We have 2 county pools (constant 79-81 degrees) 8 lanes each, lane swimming 10-7 Tuesday - Friday 11-5 weekends plus 6:30Am T-F. Oh yes the cost $80 a YEAR! Add zero state income tax, on the gulf with tons of canal homes. We are between Sarasota and Naples. Add golf, gators, fare restaurants and shopping. But we have no master swimmers....but we could start.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I agree, Patrick. More than one place on the list is in "Tornado Alley", which is definitely not on my list of places to retire. Besides, I don't have to worry about it too much as I'm already living where I will be retiring. :) Charlotte County FL. We have 2 county pools (constant 79-81 degrees) 8 lanes each, lane swimming 10-7 Tuesday - Friday 11-5 weekends plus 6:30Am T-F. Oh yes the cost $80 a YEAR! Add zero state income tax, on the gulf with tons of canal homes. We are between Sarasota and Naples. Add golf, gators, fare restaurants and shopping. But we have no master swimmers....but we could start.
Children
No Data