Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Two of the three days/wk I swim I lift first - a moderate workout of about 35-40 min. I don't really do it to improve swimming, just for general fitness. It does make me more tired in the pool, but after a decent warm up, I recover somewhat. Odd thing is that the days I don't lift, I don't swim much better. Doing moderate weights seems to rev me up a bit and makes my body more ready to work. So there's an up side to lifting first (if you don't go gangbusters), along with the obvious downside.
  • Two of the three days/wk I swim I lift first - a moderate workout of about 35-40 min. I don't really do it to improve swimming, just for general fitness. It does make me more tired in the pool, but after a decent warm up, I recover somewhat. Odd thing is that the days I don't lift, I don't swim much better. Doing moderate weights seems to rev me up a bit and makes my body more ready to work. So there's an up side to lifting first (if you don't go gangbusters), along with the obvious downside.
Children
No Data