Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • I never enjoyed it much in college either. And that was lifting before of after practice...one of them will pay the price. I took the weight lifting classes either at 8am or 2pm in college, because it was either directly after morning practice, or right before afternoon practice. But... The 2nd activity always paid the price. If I lifted first, then swam, my weights were good, but swimming was tough. I couldn't agree more. Back in college I would always try to schedule weight lighting/dryland sessions on weekdays where we only did singles, or after saturday morning practice. If it was a day of the week with a double swim session scheduled I would try my hardest to avoid weights or any type of dryland. Right now I only go to the gym on the days that I do not swim.
  • I never enjoyed it much in college either. And that was lifting before of after practice...one of them will pay the price. I took the weight lifting classes either at 8am or 2pm in college, because it was either directly after morning practice, or right before afternoon practice. But... The 2nd activity always paid the price. If I lifted first, then swam, my weights were good, but swimming was tough. I couldn't agree more. Back in college I would always try to schedule weight lighting/dryland sessions on weekdays where we only did singles, or after saturday morning practice. If it was a day of the week with a double swim session scheduled I would try my hardest to avoid weights or any type of dryland. Right now I only go to the gym on the days that I do not swim.
Children
No Data