Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I do a 40 minute circuit of core / weight work 2x a week before swimming. I focus those days on drill work (both upper and lower body) and short distance intervals. I agree with bowyer954 - any distance efforts result in immediate upper body fatigue. Other than that, I swim one or two days during the week without lifting - I tend to primarily focus on 150 - 250 intervals during those workouts.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I do a 40 minute circuit of core / weight work 2x a week before swimming. I focus those days on drill work (both upper and lower body) and short distance intervals. I agree with bowyer954 - any distance efforts result in immediate upper body fatigue. Other than that, I swim one or two days during the week without lifting - I tend to primarily focus on 150 - 250 intervals during those workouts.
Children
No Data