Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Short answer to put me in one camp or the other: Lift then swim. Main reasons: 1. Can't stand drippy wet hair!! 2. Lift "seriously" when I lift; so therefore, I would have "nothing left" for a swim practice. If I lifted afterwards, i'd just be rushing through the motions to hurry up and get in the shower. 3. Usually swim a very easy 1000 to 1500 max afterwards to loosen up and set up for the next time I swim, not as an actual swim practice. This is also very limited by time available. I almost never have the time for a 2 hour workout, so an extra 15 minutes is about all I have left anyway. Totally cuts into my exfoliating day, and so for a few weeks i'm a flaky version of myself. I think a lot of the answers posted depend on your schedule as well as the type of lift/dryland and the type of swimming you do, and that is very different from one poster to another.
  • Short answer to put me in one camp or the other: Lift then swim. Main reasons: 1. Can't stand drippy wet hair!! 2. Lift "seriously" when I lift; so therefore, I would have "nothing left" for a swim practice. If I lifted afterwards, i'd just be rushing through the motions to hurry up and get in the shower. 3. Usually swim a very easy 1000 to 1500 max afterwards to loosen up and set up for the next time I swim, not as an actual swim practice. This is also very limited by time available. I almost never have the time for a 2 hour workout, so an extra 15 minutes is about all I have left anyway. Totally cuts into my exfoliating day, and so for a few weeks i'm a flaky version of myself. I think a lot of the answers posted depend on your schedule as well as the type of lift/dryland and the type of swimming you do, and that is very different from one poster to another.
Children
No Data