Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I am a deployed US Army soldier and travel through-out the middle east. In certain areas I actually have access to a pool. When I am there I have started to mix both muscle development and swimming. I have time for a 3000 yd workout usually about 50-55 minutes during my lunch break. Then after shift I will hit the gym by running 3 miles on the treadmill (thank goodness for ipods) and then I will take the p90x exercises for a muscle group and do moderate weight but hig reps for muscle endurance. So today I will swim then in the evening I will run and immediately work chest by doing a lot of different push-ups and use dumb-bells on a flat and incline bench. I try to incorporate p90x and cardio for my dry-land workout. I am back homei n the US in May then gonna really focus on the worlds in '13.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I am a deployed US Army soldier and travel through-out the middle east. In certain areas I actually have access to a pool. When I am there I have started to mix both muscle development and swimming. I have time for a 3000 yd workout usually about 50-55 minutes during my lunch break. Then after shift I will hit the gym by running 3 miles on the treadmill (thank goodness for ipods) and then I will take the p90x exercises for a muscle group and do moderate weight but hig reps for muscle endurance. So today I will swim then in the evening I will run and immediately work chest by doing a lot of different push-ups and use dumb-bells on a flat and incline bench. I try to incorporate p90x and cardio for my dry-land workout. I am back homei n the US in May then gonna really focus on the worlds in '13.
Children
No Data