Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Swim then lift (9): Swimosaur, jaadams1, ElaineK, knelson, nkfrench, aztimm, Allen Stark, That Guy, Paul Smith Lift then swim (8): The Fortress, gaash, dadis, slow, Chris Stevenson, ande, _steve_, androvski @Chris Stevenson: I read the original question the same way and share your reasoning. Since I am on vacation, today I had the luxury of swimming in the morning and lifting weights in the late-afternoon. But that type of schedule is going to be impossible 95% of the time. If I were going to start a poll re: lifting weights, what would be a good format? Do you do any strength training out of the pool? No, not for me Yes, rarely (~once per week or less) Yes, sometimes (two or three times a week) Yes, regularly (four or five times a week) Yes, often (six or seven times a week) Hmmm, not quite right... :shakeshead: Need to phrase it better!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Swim then lift (9): Swimosaur, jaadams1, ElaineK, knelson, nkfrench, aztimm, Allen Stark, That Guy, Paul Smith Lift then swim (8): The Fortress, gaash, dadis, slow, Chris Stevenson, ande, _steve_, androvski @Chris Stevenson: I read the original question the same way and share your reasoning. Since I am on vacation, today I had the luxury of swimming in the morning and lifting weights in the late-afternoon. But that type of schedule is going to be impossible 95% of the time. If I were going to start a poll re: lifting weights, what would be a good format? Do you do any strength training out of the pool? No, not for me Yes, rarely (~once per week or less) Yes, sometimes (two or three times a week) Yes, regularly (four or five times a week) Yes, often (six or seven times a week) Hmmm, not quite right... :shakeshead: Need to phrase it better!
Children
No Data