Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Swim then lift (7): Swimosaur, jaadams1, ElaineK, knelson, nkfrench, aztimm, Allen Stark Lift then swim (8): The Fortress, gaash, dadis, slow, Chris Stevenson, ande, _steve_ (?), androvski It's about even. Sorry if I miscounted or misrepresented someone's preference! Just to be clear, my own preference is to split up the workouts, usually swimming in the AM and lifting after work (or sometimes at lunch). But I think the OP's original premise was, if you HAD to combine them for scheduling reasons, which would you do? In that case, lift then swim is my preference, probably because I have found that I can sometimes (but not always) fight thru the effects of the weights and still post some pretty good times, while after a hard swim workout I don't feel I can muster the intensity needed to make lifting worthwhile. Just my $0.02 of course, I don't know that there is a universally correct answer.
  • Swim then lift (7): Swimosaur, jaadams1, ElaineK, knelson, nkfrench, aztimm, Allen Stark Lift then swim (8): The Fortress, gaash, dadis, slow, Chris Stevenson, ande, _steve_ (?), androvski It's about even. Sorry if I miscounted or misrepresented someone's preference! Just to be clear, my own preference is to split up the workouts, usually swimming in the AM and lifting after work (or sometimes at lunch). But I think the OP's original premise was, if you HAD to combine them for scheduling reasons, which would you do? In that case, lift then swim is my preference, probably because I have found that I can sometimes (but not always) fight thru the effects of the weights and still post some pretty good times, while after a hard swim workout I don't feel I can muster the intensity needed to make lifting worthwhile. Just my $0.02 of course, I don't know that there is a universally correct answer.
Children
No Data