Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • I used to lift before swimming,but to avoid a noodlers class I had to lift after swimming a few times and found it works better for me. Lifting after swimming seems to have less effect on my lifting than lifting before swimming had on my swimming.I go straight from the pool to the weight room(stopping to dry off and change of course.)which means that I get to the weight room a little tired,but very warmed up.I think being really warmed up has helped me be less prone to injury. I have tended to agree with swimBRCT on most things,but not on this.We have had several threads on swimming only vs swimming and lifting.I know that I have tried both and that I have gotten better results with adding lifting to my swimming.
  • I used to lift before swimming,but to avoid a noodlers class I had to lift after swimming a few times and found it works better for me. Lifting after swimming seems to have less effect on my lifting than lifting before swimming had on my swimming.I go straight from the pool to the weight room(stopping to dry off and change of course.)which means that I get to the weight room a little tired,but very warmed up.I think being really warmed up has helped me be less prone to injury. I have tended to agree with swimBRCT on most things,but not on this.We have had several threads on swimming only vs swimming and lifting.I know that I have tried both and that I have gotten better results with adding lifting to my swimming.
Children
No Data