Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Swimming right after lifting never worked for me. My muscles got so pumped that I was too stiff to swim, couldn't streamline; and I was too tired to hold good form. I got better results from lifting before work, then swimming after work. Lifting after swimming worked better as long as I got a snack and showered. Otherwise my energy level was too low and the sweat stung my chlorine'd skin. That was about an hour's delay between the two (shower/change/drive time to different facility), which helped.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Swimming right after lifting never worked for me. My muscles got so pumped that I was too stiff to swim, couldn't streamline; and I was too tired to hold good form. I got better results from lifting before work, then swimming after work. Lifting after swimming worked better as long as I got a snack and showered. Otherwise my energy level was too low and the sweat stung my chlorine'd skin. That was about an hour's delay between the two (shower/change/drive time to different facility), which helped.
Children
No Data