Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Thanks, Fort; I appreciate the feedback. After I swim, I stretch on deck, drink about 8 oz of light chocolate soy milk, and then hit the showers. This mini break seems to work fine for me, although I'm not quite as strong in the weight room as I would be if I didn't swim prior. But, I find it's really not all that bad. Although I could try it in reverse, I would rather my weights suffer a little bit rather than my swimming. And, doing morning/afternoon or night doubles just doesn't work with my schedule. But if you can't really hit it in the gym, your 50 and 100 *** times will suffer. From your vids it seems like you need much more power in the water. If I were you, I'd cut out a swim and only lift on that day. 6x a week of swimming isn't really necessary for your events. That said, you need to do what's fun for you.
  • Thanks, Fort; I appreciate the feedback. After I swim, I stretch on deck, drink about 8 oz of light chocolate soy milk, and then hit the showers. This mini break seems to work fine for me, although I'm not quite as strong in the weight room as I would be if I didn't swim prior. But, I find it's really not all that bad. Although I could try it in reverse, I would rather my weights suffer a little bit rather than my swimming. And, doing morning/afternoon or night doubles just doesn't work with my schedule. But if you can't really hit it in the gym, your 50 and 100 *** times will suffer. From your vids it seems like you need much more power in the water. If I were you, I'd cut out a swim and only lift on that day. 6x a week of swimming isn't really necessary for your events. That said, you need to do what's fun for you.
Children
No Data