Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I lift weights then swim routinely. It would not be my first choice but time is limited. With weights, I typically do core+lower body one day and then core+upper body the next. Then, when I get in the pool, I focus on aerobic workouts (70-80% of max heart rate) coupled with either kicking drills or pulling drills (working opposite of whatever I did that day with weights). It is not very elaborate, but it is a decent real life answer as far as I'm concerned.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I lift weights then swim routinely. It would not be my first choice but time is limited. With weights, I typically do core+lower body one day and then core+upper body the next. Then, when I get in the pool, I focus on aerobic workouts (70-80% of max heart rate) coupled with either kicking drills or pulling drills (working opposite of whatever I did that day with weights). It is not very elaborate, but it is a decent real life answer as far as I'm concerned.
Children
No Data