Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • Maybe do core exercises to warm up, Elaine? I lift right before my speed workouts or on an off day of swimming. I find I can sprint after weights just fine as the DOMS seems to kick in the next day or so. I probably wouldn't want to tackle a lactate or hard aerobic workout right after weights. Conversely, I would never do weights directly after swimming. I would be tired enough to not make any progress in the weight room. I'd want a big time gap to recover before lifting.
  • Maybe do core exercises to warm up, Elaine? I lift right before my speed workouts or on an off day of swimming. I find I can sprint after weights just fine as the DOMS seems to kick in the next day or so. I probably wouldn't want to tackle a lactate or hard aerobic workout right after weights. Conversely, I would never do weights directly after swimming. I would be tired enough to not make any progress in the weight room. I'd want a big time gap to recover before lifting.
Children
No Data