Swimming after liftin'

Former Member
Former Member
Never tried it myself. Is there a certain kind of workout that is more advisable? I was thinking do some quick sprints as I don't want to be at the gym for 3 hours but I don't want to hurt myself either.
Parents
  • I always feel terrible in the water after lifting, so if I'm going to do both on the same day, I swim first, and lift second. I'll second that! I aim to hit the weights after my swims on M-W-F. I first hit the bar to see how many chin-ups and pull-ups I can do when my arms are already toast; usually only 1-2 of each. And, 2 sets of 10 military push-ups is about my limit, as well. Then, it's the weights... On those days I limit my yardage to 2500 (usually sprint sets) and have more difficult higher yardage endurance swims with a coach in an adult group session on T-Th. Saturday is my day to do whatever I can still handle by the end of the week. :cane:And, on the 7th day, Elaine-iaK rests... :bed: Any feedback on this routine would be most appreciated! Suggestions? I would prefer to hit the gym after I swim, when my muscles are good and warmed up. Otherwise, it takes too long on the treadmill to warm up for weights; at least for me, anyway.
  • I always feel terrible in the water after lifting, so if I'm going to do both on the same day, I swim first, and lift second. I'll second that! I aim to hit the weights after my swims on M-W-F. I first hit the bar to see how many chin-ups and pull-ups I can do when my arms are already toast; usually only 1-2 of each. And, 2 sets of 10 military push-ups is about my limit, as well. Then, it's the weights... On those days I limit my yardage to 2500 (usually sprint sets) and have more difficult higher yardage endurance swims with a coach in an adult group session on T-Th. Saturday is my day to do whatever I can still handle by the end of the week. :cane:And, on the 7th day, Elaine-iaK rests... :bed: Any feedback on this routine would be most appreciated! Suggestions? I would prefer to hit the gym after I swim, when my muscles are good and warmed up. Otherwise, it takes too long on the treadmill to warm up for weights; at least for me, anyway.
Children
No Data