Pilates

I've heard so much lately about the benefits of pilates. Does anyone out there do this workout? If so, has it helped your swimming? Where can I find a book with a "basic" program in it?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Pilates is a great workout if done correctly. I really suggest that you take a couple group classes or private lessons from a certified instructor before using a video tape. There is a great deal involved with the correct technique for the moves in pilates, that I really found it helpful to have an instructor who can help you achieve the positions and movements. It is difficult to get that from a video tape. apkjunky
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Pilates is a great workout if done correctly. I really suggest that you take a couple group classes or private lessons from a certified instructor before using a video tape. There is a great deal involved with the correct technique for the moves in pilates, that I really found it helpful to have an instructor who can help you achieve the positions and movements. It is difficult to get that from a video tape. apkjunky
Children
No Data