Dryland / Strength Training Suggestions

For the current time our Masters schedule is limited to three mornings per week (M-W-F), with occasional Saturdays. Since I'm an early riser and up at 5:00AM anyway, I'm trying to come up with some ideas for some dryland and/or strength training routines for Tuesday and Thursday mornings when I can't swim. I've been doing some stretch cord and bodyweight training on a random basis, but thinking it would help if I had more of a structured plan. I've got a seldom used gym membership, so that's an option for my off days. Running is out due to some chronic knee problems. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Somewhere - maybe here, I dunno - someone mentioned that people who do pull-ups don't seem to get shoulder problems. I do weight work recommended as rehab by PTs. External rotation with weights is one. I'm thinking that "rehab" exercise would be great for even non-injured swimmers, but there might be better ones for improving performance. You can find the kind of thing I'm talking about by searching for "PT for rotator cuff." plenty of guides - they typically recommend very low weights, and you would likely want heftier ones.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Somewhere - maybe here, I dunno - someone mentioned that people who do pull-ups don't seem to get shoulder problems. I do weight work recommended as rehab by PTs. External rotation with weights is one. I'm thinking that "rehab" exercise would be great for even non-injured swimmers, but there might be better ones for improving performance. You can find the kind of thing I'm talking about by searching for "PT for rotator cuff." plenty of guides - they typically recommend very low weights, and you would likely want heftier ones.
Children
No Data