VASA trainers - need advice!

Are VASA trainers worth it? Here's my scenario: I'm booster board president for a high school team. Our coach acquired six VASA trainers that need to be refurbished, approx $2,000 total. We practice off site from the high school, so dry-lands are done at the pool. There is no fitness room or equipment like that at the pool, so the kids do body weight exercises and maybe some bands. I'm looking for input from people who've used VASA trainers and can weigh in on their benefit. Thanks!! PS It'd probably be nice if my Masters group could use them, but we don't have a fundraising account to help contribute with the cost.
Parents
  • Hi Kathleen, I partnered up with Vasa in 2014 and reviewed the Swim Ergometer. It's different from the Trainer, although the drills I practiced on the Erg can also be used on the Trainer. I know that you need to work with the Trainers, but if you ever get funding for your Masters group, I would highly recommend the Erg as opposed to the Trainer. I like the fact that you can adjust your speed and difficulty level, and the Power Meter on the Erg is a great plus. Either way, I found that the Vasas are great dryland tools that are specifically geared towards swimming. Of course, they are not a substitute for the pool, but in combination with swim workouts they are good supplements. I really enjoyed testing out the Erg and wrote an in-depth review for it which I'm sharing here. Hope it's helpful! www.swimspire.com/.../
  • Hi Kathleen, I partnered up with Vasa in 2014 and reviewed the Swim Ergometer. It's different from the Trainer, although the drills I practiced on the Erg can also be used on the Trainer. I know that you need to work with the Trainers, but if you ever get funding for your Masters group, I would highly recommend the Erg as opposed to the Trainer. I like the fact that you can adjust your speed and difficulty level, and the Power Meter on the Erg is a great plus. Either way, I found that the Vasas are great dryland tools that are specifically geared towards swimming. Of course, they are not a substitute for the pool, but in combination with swim workouts they are good supplements. I really enjoyed testing out the Erg and wrote an in-depth review for it which I'm sharing here. Hope it's helpful! www.swimspire.com/.../
Children
No Data