Biceps Tenodesis

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone familiar with this procedure??? Had it done on you??? It is used to treat biceps tendonitis of the shoulder whereby, in kinda layman's terms, the tendon is cut where it attaches into the labrum and reattached on the humerus thereby eliminating the tendon's span of the shoulder joint and hopefully, the source of its irritation/inflammation... Love to hear from anyone who's had this done; particularly from anyone who enjoyed success with it, but I suppose I should listen to the failures too, but jeeze, I hope those are few...
Parents
  • Bruce, Thank you very much for the replay and update. That's all good news.:applaud: Here's my situation: a week and a half ago my dog (90 LB Lab) fell from the dock getting into my boat. there was no way to easily lift her up onto the dock. I had assistance from a neighbor of mine and we both lifted the dog out (BTW... she's fine and had this look like it was the most exciting swim she had ever had) However, in the process of lifting I managed to tear the Long Head Biceps tendon on my left side. This is especially disapointing since I had been acheiiving an optimum level of performance in my swims and was even planning to do a meet the following day of my injury. I'm 54 and when the Docs first saw the injury they started to give me some research statistics citing minimal loss if the tendon was not reattached. (mainly they cited age and sedentary habits) I may be 54 but I am definetly not sedentary. I pushed to have the tenodesis done but in the back of my mind I still have some reservations and fears. Tuesday I go under the knife and I'm really hoping that I may be able to (ever so lightly) get back in and swim in about 6-8 weeks. I'm going to go easy but assertive in my recovery. I hope I'm making the right decision and that my swimming level will get back up to speed in about 6-8 months. Thoughts, advice and comments always appreciated. :afraid:
  • Bruce, Thank you very much for the replay and update. That's all good news.:applaud: Here's my situation: a week and a half ago my dog (90 LB Lab) fell from the dock getting into my boat. there was no way to easily lift her up onto the dock. I had assistance from a neighbor of mine and we both lifted the dog out (BTW... she's fine and had this look like it was the most exciting swim she had ever had) However, in the process of lifting I managed to tear the Long Head Biceps tendon on my left side. This is especially disapointing since I had been acheiiving an optimum level of performance in my swims and was even planning to do a meet the following day of my injury. I'm 54 and when the Docs first saw the injury they started to give me some research statistics citing minimal loss if the tendon was not reattached. (mainly they cited age and sedentary habits) I may be 54 but I am definetly not sedentary. I pushed to have the tenodesis done but in the back of my mind I still have some reservations and fears. Tuesday I go under the knife and I'm really hoping that I may be able to (ever so lightly) get back in and swim in about 6-8 weeks. I'm going to go easy but assertive in my recovery. I hope I'm making the right decision and that my swimming level will get back up to speed in about 6-8 months. Thoughts, advice and comments always appreciated. :afraid:
Children
No Data