Biceps Tenodesis

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone familiar with this procedure??? Had it done on you??? It is used to treat biceps tendonitis of the shoulder whereby, in kinda layman's terms, the tendon is cut where it attaches into the labrum and reattached on the humerus thereby eliminating the tendon's span of the shoulder joint and hopefully, the source of its irritation/inflammation... Love to hear from anyone who's had this done; particularly from anyone who enjoyed success with it, but I suppose I should listen to the failures too, but jeeze, I hope those are few...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Kevin... wow..looking at the date of this thread...has it been that long?? I s'pose I shouduv done a follow up post revealing the happy ending...because indeed there is... I had the decompression first, which may have worked if I hadn't been overly aggressive getting back in the water...The tenodesis was prolly 8 months later, and the recovery was a bit longer, or perhaps I was more enlightened, and was easier on it...anyway, I have had some prolonged periods of pretty intense workouts since (for an old guy), swimming times close to all time bests, and have no more shoulder problems... Now, would you like to hear about my knee issues? Lemmie know if you'd like me to expound, because, indeed, I can... My shoulder problems and my wailing to the cosmos on this forum and others, did more to promote my creative writing than anything since Miss Braymer in 6th grade...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Kevin... wow..looking at the date of this thread...has it been that long?? I s'pose I shouduv done a follow up post revealing the happy ending...because indeed there is... I had the decompression first, which may have worked if I hadn't been overly aggressive getting back in the water...The tenodesis was prolly 8 months later, and the recovery was a bit longer, or perhaps I was more enlightened, and was easier on it...anyway, I have had some prolonged periods of pretty intense workouts since (for an old guy), swimming times close to all time bests, and have no more shoulder problems... Now, would you like to hear about my knee issues? Lemmie know if you'd like me to expound, because, indeed, I can... My shoulder problems and my wailing to the cosmos on this forum and others, did more to promote my creative writing than anything since Miss Braymer in 6th grade...
Children
No Data