Polymyalgia Rheumatica

I was diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) about nine months ago.  I started on 20mg per day of prednisone and have been on a slow taper to reduce the dosage and hopefully get off of it at some point.

I tried to keep swimming a couple of days per week, but the joint pain and side effects of the prednisone have kept me out of the pool for the past two months.  About all the exercise I can manage is walking a mile or so twice a week.

Anyone here had to deal with PMR?  What was your experience?

Complicating things, I've now also been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and osteoarthritis in my right hand. Looking at surgery in late January.

Not a good time right now. 

Mark Usher

Parents
  • I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these health issues, Mark.  Although I don't have PMR, I have had to deal with all sorts of other physical issues over the past 12 years I have been in USMS.  In other words, I can sympathize!  

I wish you the best, and good luck with your surgery.

Take care,

Elaine

• I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these health issues, Mark.  Although I don't have PMR, I have had to deal with all sorts of other physical issues over the past 12 years I have been in USMS.  In other words, I can sympathize!  

I wish you the best, and good luck with your surgery.

Take care,

Elaine

Children
No Data