We need an injury rant master thread!

So at the time I'm typing this, I look down, and the threads on the front page contain: Tennis Elbow and Shoulder Pain Rotator Cuff Surgery Shoulder Impingement Broken Thumb Anyway, so a lot of us are dealing with injuries. As for me? Turn ulnar collateral ligament in my right thumb. Happened on 12/30. Took a week and a half to diagnose, as it didn't seem that bad when it happened. Anyway, surgery a little later, and 4 weeks with a pin in my thumb (sticking out through the skin). Doctor wouldn't let me swim due to risk of infection. 4 weeks. Grumble, that's 6 weeks total. Pin out yesterday. Still no swimming for another 4 weeks! Arg. It is bad enough I struggle to button my jeans (button fly). But now I can't swim for another month? I'm looking at almost 2.5 months. I'm never gonna get my pre-COVID form back!
Parents
  • Let me add a new one - knee replacement! Old injuries have caught up with my left knee. Limitations of bone-on-bone, etc. have made hard kicking impossible which, for me, means a slower cadence when I swim. So, I am starting down the path for knee replacement in the Fall. Is there anyone out there who has returned to serious, competitive swimming after this surgery? Thanks for your stories.
  • Let me add a new one - knee replacement! Old injuries have caught up with my left knee. Limitations of bone-on-bone, etc. have made hard kicking impossible which, for me, means a slower cadence when I swim. So, I am starting down the path for knee replacement in the Fall. Is there anyone out there who has returned to serious, competitive swimming after this surgery? Thanks for your stories.
Children
No Data