Shoulder Impingement

Former Member
Former Member
Looking for some of your experience with shoulder injuries. I am 26 year old male and have swam masters for years, and injured my shoulder about 5 months ago while training vigorously for the 200 IM and 200 free. I developed it from backstroke because i was not rotating body enough and over strained left shoulder. MRI showed impingement and tendonitus, did 8 weeks of PT religiously, but still have issues and cannot swim without residual pain. I definitely cannot compete anymore and haven't swam but a couple times this year. Doctor says he can scope it and clean the bursitus out. I think he's offering arthroscopic decompression. Anyone have any experience with roughing it through shoulder injuries or anyone have any shoulder surgeries? Were they successful?
Parents
  • ive had it had 2 surgeries had the end of the glanus clipped off (part of 2nd surgery) to help prevent more impingment. honestly it all depends on the level of impingment on what all to do/have done. let me tell you right now jeff, shoulder surgery hellasucks there is no gap (like in your knee...ive had 2 surgeries there too) it all goes through a muscle. when they are done you have 3 holes bigger than what most people talk about in rotator cuff tears if its your primary arm....oh it sucks even more. that said, waking up with no pain is nice. steve
  • ive had it had 2 surgeries had the end of the glanus clipped off (part of 2nd surgery) to help prevent more impingment. honestly it all depends on the level of impingment on what all to do/have done. let me tell you right now jeff, shoulder surgery hellasucks there is no gap (like in your knee...ive had 2 surgeries there too) it all goes through a muscle. when they are done you have 3 holes bigger than what most people talk about in rotator cuff tears if its your primary arm....oh it sucks even more. that said, waking up with no pain is nice. steve
Children
No Data