Is there such a swim-related tinnitus?

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone else developed a problem with tinnitus since becoming a serious swimmer? I had my hearing checked and found I have very good hearing. Hoping I don't have to quit swimming to improve the condition.
Parents
  • I believe tinnitus is caused by a loud and or sudden shock wave. This would not be caused by water in swimming. That is only ONE cause of tinnitus. Another cause is a virus that attacks the inner ear. That was the case with me. Joy, think back on when you first developed tinnitus. Had you been sick with a cold virus just prior to that? That was the question asked to me by my doctor when no other cause could be determined and a brain MRI came up negative.
  • I believe tinnitus is caused by a loud and or sudden shock wave. This would not be caused by water in swimming. That is only ONE cause of tinnitus. Another cause is a virus that attacks the inner ear. That was the case with me. Joy, think back on when you first developed tinnitus. Had you been sick with a cold virus just prior to that? That was the question asked to me by my doctor when no other cause could be determined and a brain MRI came up negative.
Children
No Data