Chronic ear issues from swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone ever had issues with chronic ear infections or swimmers ear? I have had them all my life, as an infant to a crazy older lady... They used to occur 3-4 times a year, then I got custom ear molds about made about 8 years ago for swim and showers, and down to maybe 1 every 12-18 months. Last week I started feeling the usual fluid in my ear and tenderness, so I’ve been keeping my head out of the pool water and still wearing my earplugs. Today, it’s officially a full blown ear infection and the ENT used the little vacuum tube to drain it. You all are so resourceful and I was hoping maybe you all had some suggestions that I could take to an ENT dr or fix on my own.
Parents
  • Maybe you should go see a chiropractor. Sounds weird, I know. But let me tell you this sort of relative story. Several years ago, some friends/neighbor had a horrific car accident with the kids in the car. The family van flipped/rolled a few times. No deaths, but serious injury. For weeks/months after it, one of the kids kept getting earaches due to water not draining. The MDs/ENT couldn't figure it out. At some point during their recovery, when one of the parents was at a chiropractor for treatment, with the kid in tow, it was mentioned to the chiropractor that the kid was having the earaches. The chiro commented..."Now that I look at him I can tell he was injured in the accident." But there was no "apparent" injury to the untrained eye. But the chiro saw that the kid was holding his head ever so slightly cockeyed. That slight tilt caused the water to not drain from his ear. The chiro made a few minor adjustments, kid's head went straight, and he never had earaches again. So, maybe a chiropractor might see a misalignment that's causing the water to not drain from your ear. Dan
  • Maybe you should go see a chiropractor. Sounds weird, I know. But let me tell you this sort of relative story. Several years ago, some friends/neighbor had a horrific car accident with the kids in the car. The family van flipped/rolled a few times. No deaths, but serious injury. For weeks/months after it, one of the kids kept getting earaches due to water not draining. The MDs/ENT couldn't figure it out. At some point during their recovery, when one of the parents was at a chiropractor for treatment, with the kid in tow, it was mentioned to the chiropractor that the kid was having the earaches. The chiro commented..."Now that I look at him I can tell he was injured in the accident." But there was no "apparent" injury to the untrained eye. But the chiro saw that the kid was holding his head ever so slightly cockeyed. That slight tilt caused the water to not drain from his ear. The chiro made a few minor adjustments, kid's head went straight, and he never had earaches again. So, maybe a chiropractor might see a misalignment that's causing the water to not drain from your ear. Dan
Children
No Data