seeking strength

I am wondering where to focus for a hopeful return to competitive swimming after being away from the pool an entire year (from injuries). I have lost a lot of strength. (Female, age 60.) Weight workouts versus time in the pool? I am not sure how to proceed. I am swimming 3x/wk @ 2500 meters and that is going well. Thanks for any input.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I am wondering where to focus for a hopeful return to competitive swimming after being away from the pool an entire year (from injuries). I have lost a lot of strength. (Female, age 60.) Weight workouts versus time in the pool? I am not sure how to proceed. I am swimming 3x/wk @ 2500 meters and that is going well. Thanks for any input. The one investment that I make in my swimming outside of basic training, is the support of a professional strength & conditioning coach. He isn't present at my sessions but sets up my plan and assesses progress from time to time. I'd thoroughly recommend it...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I am wondering where to focus for a hopeful return to competitive swimming after being away from the pool an entire year (from injuries). I have lost a lot of strength. (Female, age 60.) Weight workouts versus time in the pool? I am not sure how to proceed. I am swimming 3x/wk @ 2500 meters and that is going well. Thanks for any input. The one investment that I make in my swimming outside of basic training, is the support of a professional strength & conditioning coach. He isn't present at my sessions but sets up my plan and assesses progress from time to time. I'd thoroughly recommend it...
Children
No Data