What to do when getting cramps on your feet?

Former Member
Former Member
Today I got terrible cramps on my feet soon after started, and had to quit after less than 15 min. When you get a cramp in the middle of practice and it doesn't recover promptly, do you just get out of the pool or continue?
Parents
  • I, too, used to get them all the time, maybe a little more in cold weather. They seem to come and go. You can kick through them by making your feet go at right angles to your legs. It does slow you down, though. At meets, I make sure to take something to keep my feet warm, and I sometimes put my feet in hot water before a race. Don't know if there is any real raionale for this, but no cramps yet during a race, knock on wood...
  • I, too, used to get them all the time, maybe a little more in cold weather. They seem to come and go. You can kick through them by making your feet go at right angles to your legs. It does slow you down, though. At meets, I make sure to take something to keep my feet warm, and I sometimes put my feet in hot water before a race. Don't know if there is any real raionale for this, but no cramps yet during a race, knock on wood...
Children
No Data