Swimmers Elbow (lateral epicondylitis)

Anyone have advice for managing/healing swimmers elbow?  I'm early 60's, recently upped my swimming and am having lateral elbow pain after swims.  It doesn't hurt while swimming but tends to wake me with pain at night and also is extremely tender if bumped.

I'm hoping to consult a swim coach on my technique but would appreciate any other exercises/advice.

Thanks!

Betsy

Parents
  • I had a bout with this a couple years ago. In my case it didn’t really keep me awake at night, and it didn’t really hurt while swimming. But, it did present itself a bit more with my upper body weight on my forearms when riding my road bike. Overall, it was really just more of an annoyance. I treated it the standard tendon injury treatments of ice, self-massage, and NSAIDs. Took a while, but eventually went away. — Dan

• I had a bout with this a couple years ago. In my case it didn’t really keep me awake at night, and it didn’t really hurt while swimming. But, it did present itself a bit more with my upper body weight on my forearms when riding my road bike. Overall, it was really just more of an annoyance. I treated it the standard tendon injury treatments of ice, self-massage, and NSAIDs. Took a while, but eventually went away. — Dan

Children
No Data