Swimming and competing with a pacemaker

I have bradycardia and will be getting a pacemaker in the near future. I am a competitive masters swimmer swimming all 4 strokes and I don't know what to expect.  I know I will be limiting overhead movements for 6+ weeks but, when I get back to swimming will I be able to swim hard and will I be able to swim all 4 strokes without limitation?  I would really appreciate hearing from other swimmers exercising and competing with a pacemaker as well as any cardiologist with knowledge of the unique movements in swimming.  Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.  

• Do you know yet what device you will get?

One of my teammates who is serious about swimming but not competitive also is getting one soon, and I may be as well. I hope someone who has had the experience already can clue us in.

• I have had a pacemaker for 4 years.  I swim competitively and have had no problems.  My pacemaker is designed to not let my heart rate go lower than 60 BPM.  I wouldn't want one that limited the high end.  On another note, I have a question about swimming while taking a beta blocker.  My cardiologist wants me to, but I know that it will block adrenaline.  Anyone out there swimming competitively and on beta blockers?  Lynn