Foam Roller

Went to a clinic given by Anthony Ervin a few months ago and he swears by foam rollers as part of his warm up before training. Today, my yoga instructor also recommended getting one. Seems like it's time to invest in one. She (yoga) said that I didn't need to get a long one and Anthony Ervin didn't say what kind he would recommend. Anyone have experience with foam rollers and can recommend a type to get and exercises or videos to follow? Thanks.
Parents
  • Thanks for the tips ElainK. I've tried them at my gym and know that they hurt like the dickens. I didn't know there were softer ones. Also, thanks for the caution about the lower back. I've refrained from using them at my gym because I've been afraid of injuring myself. I go to a yoga class about 3 times a week but never thought of doing yoga after a swim workout. Usually ready for a cocktail by then!
  • Thanks for the tips ElainK. I've tried them at my gym and know that they hurt like the dickens. I didn't know there were softer ones. Also, thanks for the caution about the lower back. I've refrained from using them at my gym because I've been afraid of injuring myself. I go to a yoga class about 3 times a week but never thought of doing yoga after a swim workout. Usually ready for a cocktail by then!
Children
No Data