Foam Roller

Went to a clinic given by Anthony Ervin a few months ago and he swears by foam rollers as part of his warm up before training. Today, my yoga instructor also recommended getting one. Seems like it's time to invest in one. She (yoga) said that I didn't need to get a long one and Anthony Ervin didn't say what kind he would recommend. Anyone have experience with foam rollers and can recommend a type to get and exercises or videos to follow? Thanks.
Parents
  • Went to a clinic given by Anthony Ervin a few months ago and he swears by foam rollers as part of his warm up before training. Today, my yoga instructor also recommended getting one. Seems like it's time to invest in one. She (yoga) said that I didn't need to get a long one and Anthony Ervin didn't say what kind he would recommend. Anyone have experience with foam rollers and can recommend a type to get and exercises or videos to follow? Thanks. I LOVE my foam roller! I take it with me when I travel, and I always bring it to a swim meet to use before I warm up. (I also do yoga after I swim, and the combination of the two is great!) Start with a softer roller, because you need to work up to using a firm one on your muscles. Otherwise, it will hurt like $#&* if you use a hard one straight away. Check out videos on YouTube on how to use a roller properly, although AVOID the part where they show you how to roll the lower back. DO NOT use it on your lower back at all! Your lower spine is not supported by your rib cage like your thoracic spine is, so you run the risk of injuring yourself. As for a brand, I don't have a recommendation. because I'm not sure mine are any better or worse than others. I have never used any other ones but my own, so I have never compared them.
  • Went to a clinic given by Anthony Ervin a few months ago and he swears by foam rollers as part of his warm up before training. Today, my yoga instructor also recommended getting one. Seems like it's time to invest in one. She (yoga) said that I didn't need to get a long one and Anthony Ervin didn't say what kind he would recommend. Anyone have experience with foam rollers and can recommend a type to get and exercises or videos to follow? Thanks. I LOVE my foam roller! I take it with me when I travel, and I always bring it to a swim meet to use before I warm up. (I also do yoga after I swim, and the combination of the two is great!) Start with a softer roller, because you need to work up to using a firm one on your muscles. Otherwise, it will hurt like $#&* if you use a hard one straight away. Check out videos on YouTube on how to use a roller properly, although AVOID the part where they show you how to roll the lower back. DO NOT use it on your lower back at all! Your lower spine is not supported by your rib cage like your thoracic spine is, so you run the risk of injuring yourself. As for a brand, I don't have a recommendation. because I'm not sure mine are any better or worse than others. I have never used any other ones but my own, so I have never compared them.
Children
No Data