Warming up, before the warmup?

I'm a newbie, to swimming for fitness, but not to general working out. I'm puzzled about how to make sure my aging bod is set for a good workout in the pool. I've always been under the impression that stretching cold muscles is not very productive, but I also don't think it's wise to drive to the pool, change, and hop straight in the pool and start doing laps. Do you stretch before you get in the pool (or er, intend to, anyway, most times lol?). Or does a hot tub do any good before a swim workout? It occurs to me that I'm beginning my swim workout "cold," and that it is maybe impeding my progress.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    My warm up before my warm up is always meditation. Usually for 10-15 mins. It's key to focus and relax. You can take a class online (hackself.org) or in person (tm.org). Just be consistent. It's pretty amazing.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    My warm up before my warm up is always meditation. Usually for 10-15 mins. It's key to focus and relax. You can take a class online (hackself.org) or in person (tm.org). Just be consistent. It's pretty amazing.
Children
No Data