Warming up, before the warmup?

I'm a newbie, to swimming for fitness, but not to general working out. I'm puzzled about how to make sure my aging bod is set for a good workout in the pool. I've always been under the impression that stretching cold muscles is not very productive, but I also don't think it's wise to drive to the pool, change, and hop straight in the pool and start doing laps. Do you stretch before you get in the pool (or er, intend to, anyway, most times lol?). Or does a hot tub do any good before a swim workout? It occurs to me that I'm beginning my swim workout "cold," and that it is maybe impeding my progress.
Parents
  • Ah, Elaine! I am sorry to say the Fitness Blender search engine is not too helpful. I've mentioned their workouts to friends before, and then when they want to know a specific one, I can't find it again (there are quite literally HUNDREDS of workouts they've put up). Here is a link to A stretching workout. I am pretty sure this is NOT the workout I am remembering! But if I can find it in my YT history later, I'll update this post! www.youtube.com/watch In case the link doesn't work, a YouTube search should work if you search " Upper Body Active Stretch Workout - Arms, Shoulder, Chest, and Back Stretching Exercises" Oh! This might be the workout that I specifically was remembering doing! https://youtu.be/P8DOZRtIIEQ It says it's a cool down, but as someone comments, it "feels" more workout-like. But not by so much that it's tiring! No affiliation between me and Fitness Blender, by the way, although I admit I'm a frequent user of their stuff.
  • Ah, Elaine! I am sorry to say the Fitness Blender search engine is not too helpful. I've mentioned their workouts to friends before, and then when they want to know a specific one, I can't find it again (there are quite literally HUNDREDS of workouts they've put up). Here is a link to A stretching workout. I am pretty sure this is NOT the workout I am remembering! But if I can find it in my YT history later, I'll update this post! www.youtube.com/watch In case the link doesn't work, a YouTube search should work if you search " Upper Body Active Stretch Workout - Arms, Shoulder, Chest, and Back Stretching Exercises" Oh! This might be the workout that I specifically was remembering doing! https://youtu.be/P8DOZRtIIEQ It says it's a cool down, but as someone comments, it "feels" more workout-like. But not by so much that it's tiring! No affiliation between me and Fitness Blender, by the way, although I admit I'm a frequent user of their stuff.
Children
No Data