US Masters 2023 Open Water Nationals is being held on Rosh Hashanah, does this bother anyone?

The US Masters 2023 Open Water Nationals is being held on Rosh Hashanah, does this bother anyone?

Parents
  • Nope. If you can't make it, don't come.  Between Christianity, Islam, and Judaism there are two dozen holidays.  Counting virtual swims, there are 13 annual National Championships.  Plenty of opportunities. 

• Kurt,

Would you be ok if the USMS scheduled a National Championship meet on Christmas? I wouldn't and I'm not Christian. If we were talking about any random meet you're right, whatever. There are 52 weeks in 2023, the USMS made a conscious decision that scheduling Open Water Nats on Rosh Hashannah was a "business decision", they admitted that to me.

Let's get back to Christmas, we both know the uproar that would happen if the USMS scheduled a National Championship meet to be held on Christmas, I would be one of those folks calling for heads if they did.

We are talking about an organization is national, whose membership is diverse.  We are talking about a National Championship meet. This is beyond disrespectful. This is a big FU to the Jewish community because they know they can.

• Kurt,

Would you be ok if the USMS scheduled a National Championship meet on Christmas? I wouldn't and I'm not Christian. If we were talking about any random meet you're right, whatever. There are 52 weeks in 2023, the USMS made a conscious decision that scheduling Open Water Nats on Rosh Hashannah was a "business decision", they admitted that to me.

Let's get back to Christmas, we both know the uproar that would happen if the USMS scheduled a National Championship meet to be held on Christmas, I would be one of those folks calling for heads if they did.

We are talking about an organization is national, whose membership is diverse.  We are talking about a National Championship meet. This is beyond disrespectful. This is a big FU to the Jewish community because they know they can.

Children
No Data