Long distance All-star award rule change?

I would like to propose a change in rules for the small number of us that chase long distance all-star award. I believe current criteria are 3 total event minimum and one open water and one postal is required. We are now 0 for 2 on open water races this year.  Del Valle originally scheduled in June with one open water championships was moved rather last minute to August due to ?algae. I was half-way to today's race in Cleveland when it was cancelled due to the 18mph winds and 3-4 ft waves projected.  It does seem that despite great expense to us idiots traveling and the threshold for cancelling, their inclusion as an absolute requirement for all-star award seems unfair.

Parents
  • What USMS should do for this long distance award recognition …instead of holding a few USMS-specific open water championships around the country…allow swimmers to do the open-water swim in locally organized swim events that are of at least the required distance. They could come up with a list of authorized events. Or, if a swimmer wants to use an event that isn’t on the list, they could query USMS to have the swim authorized.

Dan

• What USMS should do for this long distance award recognition …instead of holding a few USMS-specific open water championships around the country…allow swimmers to do the open-water swim in locally organized swim events that are of at least the required distance. They could come up with a list of authorized events. Or, if a swimmer wants to use an event that isn’t on the list, they could query USMS to have the swim authorized.

Dan

Children
No Data