Thanks Indy Aquatic Masters

Wow! What an action-packed, fun long weekend of racing. Beyond all the fun in the pool and on the deck, I wanted to SHOUT OUT a huge applause for Indy Aquatic Masters, the officials who came from around the country, the USMS Nationals committee, ... and all of the other volunteers For such a huge meet, this was exceptionally well run. The organization showed how adept the Indianapolis swimming community is at putting on big, aquatic events. The facility and the people were more than up for the challenge of hosting ~2400 swimmers plus friends and family. Great, great job. :applaud: I can't wait until we come back to Indy the next time!
  • Mark Gill was back? (Just kidding.) Mark Gill was such a hoot in Atlanta (2010). That was my first Nationals, and my husband and I both got a kick out of listening to him. He may not have had quite the enthusiasm as Rowdy, but his sense of humor was :lmao: Could you imagine Mark Gill and Rowdy Gaines as co-announcers? :applaud:
  • Mark Gill was such a hoot in Atlanta (2010). That was my first Nationals, and my husband and I both got a kick out of listening to him. He may not have had quite the enthusiasm as Rowdy, but his sense of humor was :lmao: Could you imagine Mark Gill and Rowdy Gaines as co-announcers? :applaud: See attached picture from Indy...
  • See attached picture from Indy... Wow! That was Mark's voice I heard over the live streaming? It has been a long time since I have heard him, so I didn't realize it was Mark! At times it was hard to make out what he was saying (thanks to my cheap computer speakers), but I thought he was good! What a fantastic team you had there! :applaud:
  • Wow! That was Mark's voice I heard over the live streaming? It has been a long time since I have heard him, so I didn't realize it was Mark! At times it was hard to make out what he was saying (thanks to my cheap computer speakers), but I thought he was good! What a fantastic team you had there! :applaud: It was so great to hear Mark Gill’s voice! When I first heard it, I thought it was too good to be true. Then I heard him clearing out the warm-up pool, and I knew it was Mark! This was an amazing meet on so many levels. The management was flawless...no glitches. Somehow nearly 2400 people figured out a way to make it work on deck. Warmups were comfortable and not intimidating. The officials were competent, and the pool staff was always there. Kudos to Mel Goldstein and compatriots for a smooth-running event! Congrats to all of the players!
  • And how about a round of applause to Indy for bringing back the "Voice of Masters Swimming" to announce Friday and Saturday! :applaud: Jeff Mark Gill was back? (Just kidding.) Does anyone know if they plan on posting LMSC-specific results, as they have in the past? For example: www.usms.org/.../ With the new results formats it is easy to group by club but hard to do so by LMSC, which can be useful for newsletter shout-outs and the like.
  • This was my 3rd Nationals at Indy. This was the most attended meet in history! The meet ran very well with the exception of only 2 glitches that I saw. Swimmers were good at telling officials and helpers thanks for the time that was involved. I personally had a better meet than I thought I would with 5 medals out of 5 events. Not bad for a 72 year old fat man!
  • Man... it's been a week and a half and I'm still pumped about this meet. I asked my wife if she would be interested in vacationing in Arizona next spring so I can go to Nats next year - I'll be 30 then so new age group time! :P
  • Man... it's been a week and a half and I'm still pumped about this meet. I asked my wife if she would be interested in vacationing in Arizona next spring so I can go to Nats next year - I'll be 30 then so new age group time! :P Yes, try to make it. Nice facility in Mesa and lots of things to do in the area!
  • Man... it's been a week and a half and I'm still pumped about this meet. I asked my wife if she would be interested in vacationing in Arizona next spring so I can go to Nats next year - I'll be 30 then so new age group time! :PIf you need any ideas to help convince your wife, just let me know. Arizona in late April is a pretty great time of year to be here!
  • Yes, I had a much better than expected results but--- For the 1st time in a while no top ten times for me! I guess at 72 I really am slowing down!