Thanks Indy Aquatic Masters

Wow! What an action-packed, fun long weekend of racing. Beyond all the fun in the pool and on the deck, I wanted to SHOUT OUT a huge applause for Indy Aquatic Masters, the officials who came from around the country, the USMS Nationals committee, ... and all of the other volunteers For such a huge meet, this was exceptionally well run. The organization showed how adept the Indianapolis swimming community is at putting on big, aquatic events. The facility and the people were more than up for the challenge of hosting ~2400 swimmers plus friends and family. Great, great job. :applaud: I can't wait until we come back to Indy the next time!
  • That's the USMS Championship Committee :), with Jeff Roddin at the helm! Thanks for the shout-out, but the work was done by the Host (Mel, Dean, Michelle, etc.), the USMS National Office and the meet liaisons (Jim Clemmons and Pete Tarnapoll). I'm just their boss LOL And how about a round of applause to Indy for bringing back the "Voice of Masters Swimming" to announce Friday and Saturday! :applaud: Jeff
  • And how about a round of applause to Indy for bringing back the "Voice of Masters Swimming" to announce Friday and Saturday! :applaud: JeffYes, I did enjoy having the good Professor back behind the mike. Maybe we can entice him with a return to the heat next spring in Mesa?
  • Rowdy made it so exciting to watch the live streaming! I can only imagine what it must have been like to have heard him in person. He is the BEST! :applaud:
  • I second all of this! This was one of the best-run meets I think I've ever been to - and without question the biggest. The Mecca of American swimming still lives up to all the hype.
  • I second all of that. Very well run meet. Plenty of massage tables which was a nice change from past nationals I’ve attended. Stayed downtown and great dining and social scene all in simple walking distance. My only complaint is with those swimmers who decide to set up “camp” in front of the only entrance to the men’s locker room. Got a little old having to elbow them out of the way and step over their bags. Other than that, great meet and fast pool!
  • I do hope it comes back to Indy sooner than later. I started back training not too long ago and have my eyes set on nationals one day very soon :). Its so expensive to get out to Arizona next year for nationals and Indy is just such a great location with great facilities!!
  • I wholeheartedly agree. It was a fantastic event! Thanks to everyone who made it happen! the USMS Nationals committee That's the USMS Championship Committee :), with Jeff Roddin at the helm! My only complaint is with those swimmers who decide to set up “camp” in front of the only entrance to the men’s locker room. There were locker rooms on both sides of the pool, which I thought was a fantastic element to the layout of the facility. I agree that it was a bit narrow getting in them sometimes, depending on what people were floating around at any given moment.
  • gdanner, it’s a great facility and my gripe is a minor one. However, I do think it would be a good idea to somehow block off the little walkway inbeteeen the temp bleachers. No issue with people milling around, it’s going to be crowded with that many swimmers. My beef is with the swimmers that set up IN the walkway. Anyhow, minor deal you can stick in the suggestion box😎
  • Rowdy made it so exciting to watch the live streaming! I can only imagine what it must have been like to have heard him in person. He is the BEST! :applaud: I feel like he didn't do that much announcing - though I showed up late on Saturday because I didn't swim until the 100 IM. I don't think I heard him in person at all...
  • I concur. The meet was very well run and the officials/volunteers seemed to be having fun too. I thanked several of them for their hard work over the weekend and they all replied by either thanking me and/or saying they love the experience of it. You could definitely tell the difference in attendees as there were swimmers everywhere but that only added to the overall experience. There were lots of great swims so congrats to all.