R U STOKED for Indy?

Maybe because USMS chose to bury the Forums on the new and 'improved' website, but there seems to be little activity now on the forums. Who of you ~2400 people are STOKED for Indy? Everyone should be getting almost out of that part of taper where you feel like crap and question all that you have done in your life to get to this point. Hopefully, around Tuesday, you'll start to feel a bit o' easy speed in the water ... but not too much. Are you thinking about your packing list ... what goes in the checked luggage, what goes in your carry on, if 5 pairs of goggles and 6 suits is enough to see you through any potential swim situation or calamity that might strike ... If you're coming from Pacific time (like me) are you starting to wake up earlier to pre-set your body clock to eastern time? What pre-race day and race-day rituals are you thinking about? What event are you most excited about? For me, it's the 400 IM.
Parents
  • I'm super excited...Awesome. If you've done a Crossfit event, I would imagine it's all R&R from here to the meet. Maybe a massage? I did a 1500M open water Masters race today. Like your Crossfit event, today wasn't the right time with Nationals a week away, but USA Swimming hosted their OW Nationals in Arizona and we got to swim on the same course with the cool, open water electronic touch pad finish. Although I'm tired, it was good for me, in hindsight, as it convinced me I have more endurance than I thought. My massage is booked for Tuesday :) The 100 IM is a blast. It'll be a wavy blast in all age groups, but probably particularly for you with a bunch of fast, big young guns. As for me, my favorite pair of Vanquishers that I've had for pushing 10 years finally had the nosepiece snap. As I have 5 or 6 pairs of goggles accumulated in the house between me and my three daughters, I'll be using the rest of my taper time to 'audition' a new pair of race goggles.
  • I'm super excited...Awesome. If you've done a Crossfit event, I would imagine it's all R&R from here to the meet. Maybe a massage? I did a 1500M open water Masters race today. Like your Crossfit event, today wasn't the right time with Nationals a week away, but USA Swimming hosted their OW Nationals in Arizona and we got to swim on the same course with the cool, open water electronic touch pad finish. Although I'm tired, it was good for me, in hindsight, as it convinced me I have more endurance than I thought. My massage is booked for Tuesday :) The 100 IM is a blast. It'll be a wavy blast in all age groups, but probably particularly for you with a bunch of fast, big young guns. As for me, my favorite pair of Vanquishers that I've had for pushing 10 years finally had the nosepiece snap. As I have 5 or 6 pairs of goggles accumulated in the house between me and my three daughters, I'll be using the rest of my taper time to 'audition' a new pair of race goggles.
Children
No Data