2018 Summer Long Course Masters UANA Pan American

So, my 2017 Summer Nationals performance was OK, but left room for improvement and I'm thinking about planning to start training for 2018 Long Course Summer Nationals. Oops, there is no USMS Summer Nationals in 2018, in deference to the UANA Pan American Masters Championships. I cannot find any information about if we can participate, how one qualifies, if we have to join UANA, etc., etc. I've checked the UANA site, the Orlando YMCA site, USMS site with no luck. Does anyone have any information about the event and whether those of us who were expecting a USMS Summer Nationals can plan to swim at the UANA Championships?
Parents
  • I'd like to go back to the original issue. I'm pleased that USMS swimmers may not need to join UANA in order to compete, but remain hopeful for more information. The UANA site is not helpful. Jim and others have provided some details for which I am grateful, but I'm disappointed that a detailed "How the cancellation of USMS 2018 Summer Nationals will affect those USMS swimmers who planned on it" statement has not disseminated by USMS to all swimmers. If I've missed such a statement, I apologize. Among my questions: Can it be confirmed that current USMS swimmers will not need to join UANA (I know Jim said not to worry and he believed it was because USMS is a member of UANA)? Will competitions be decided on the basis of one swim, or might there be quarter finals, semi finals and finals? Are there qualifying times? Are the age groups and end-of-year basis the same for UANA as they are for USMS? Are there any differences in rules at the UANA Pan Am Masters competition relative to USMS rules? Others may have more questions. John
  • I'd like to go back to the original issue. I'm pleased that USMS swimmers may not need to join UANA in order to compete, but remain hopeful for more information. The UANA site is not helpful. Jim and others have provided some details for which I am grateful, but I'm disappointed that a detailed "How the cancellation of USMS 2018 Summer Nationals will affect those USMS swimmers who planned on it" statement has not disseminated by USMS to all swimmers. If I've missed such a statement, I apologize. Among my questions: Can it be confirmed that current USMS swimmers will not need to join UANA (I know Jim said not to worry and he believed it was because USMS is a member of UANA)? Will competitions be decided on the basis of one swim, or might there be quarter finals, semi finals and finals? Are there qualifying times? Are the age groups and end-of-year basis the same for UANA as they are for USMS? Are there any differences in rules at the UANA Pan Am Masters competition relative to USMS rules? Others may have more questions. John
Children
No Data