2018 Summer Long Course Masters UANA Pan American

So, my 2017 Summer Nationals performance was OK, but left room for improvement and I'm thinking about planning to start training for 2018 Long Course Summer Nationals. Oops, there is no USMS Summer Nationals in 2018, in deference to the UANA Pan American Masters Championships. I cannot find any information about if we can participate, how one qualifies, if we have to join UANA, etc., etc. I've checked the UANA site, the Orlando YMCA site, USMS site with no luck. Does anyone have any information about the event and whether those of us who were expecting a USMS Summer Nationals can plan to swim at the UANA Championships?
Parents
  • Though I usually attend most USMS National Championships and have attended a number of Pan Ams in really interesting places, I'm just not enthused about this concept. Orlando in summer....well, is Orlando in Summer. The extended meet schedule makes it difficult to attend for the whole meet. And while I've heard that the facility will be upgraded and there will be tents installed to extend the venue, I wonder if this is the right location for a combined event. I just don't think that an international event will maintain the USMS flavor for a national championship. Maybe it will work? Could it be much worse than Houston (2007), Indianapolis (2009), or Auburn (2011) when it comes to heat and humidity?
  • Though I usually attend most USMS National Championships and have attended a number of Pan Ams in really interesting places, I'm just not enthused about this concept. Orlando in summer....well, is Orlando in Summer. The extended meet schedule makes it difficult to attend for the whole meet. And while I've heard that the facility will be upgraded and there will be tents installed to extend the venue, I wonder if this is the right location for a combined event. I just don't think that an international event will maintain the USMS flavor for a national championship. Maybe it will work? Could it be much worse than Houston (2007), Indianapolis (2009), or Auburn (2011) when it comes to heat and humidity?
Children
No Data